iPhone 5 does not turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shawnvaz, Jun 15, 2013.

1. shawnvaz macrumors newbie

I updated my iphone 5 to 6.1.3 about 2 weeks back. It updated perfectly with no issues.

In about 3 days time the phone started regularly restarting during use and sometimes in standby. I read on the forum that i need to keep it off for an hour or so, tried that and it worked ok for a while.

The next day the phone went off and has not come on since then.

After trying everything i could find online and this forum, the phone is now stuck in dfu mode and everytime i try to restore it on itunes (version 11) in both mac and windows on different computers with different cables, itunes gets stuck on waiting for iphone and phone is on the apple loading screen.

Redsn0w does not support iphone 5 so i cannot kick it out of dfu.

Note that i cannot get the phone to start in normal even even with the button combinations. No apple logo, no recovery mode.

I live in the UAE and bought the phone in Canada so cant take the phone to an apple store anytime soon for a replacement, so that is not an option.

Tiny umbrella shows only the fix recovery button. Logs show that the phone succesfully but goes back into dfu.

Power + home button even for 40 seconds does nothing.

Lastly i have even tried updating the phone to os7 beta and 6.1.4. Nothing worked.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Go to the apple store... All i can think of. I say one thing in my mind you said you did it already as I'm reading and it does not work lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

3. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

sounds like a hardware issue, only suggestion would to go to an Apple Store, which you said you can't do, good luck.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

My bad not reading that you cannot go to the apple store. Find a local repair shop. Let google use your location and find the closest apple device repair shop. Best thing i can think of.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Broken pic in tapatalk