iPhone 5 - Does your Sleep/Wake button rattle?

Does your sleep/wake button rattle? Is it loose?

• Yes

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

frozzbite

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Shake your phone close to your ear once, then gently hold the sleep/wake button and shake it again. Is your button rattling?

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
use your phone and stop looking for things to complain about. i dont mean to rain on your parade but its getting ridiculous:rolleyes:

Yes mine does have a slight rattle

frozzbite

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
use your phone and stop looking for things to complain about. i dont mean to rain on your parade but its getting ridiculous:rolleyes:

Yes mine does have a slight rattle
I really wish i could. But i work in a really quiet environment and i hear the button rattle every time i put my phone down. Its just really hard to ignore

ric275

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2011
England
Yep, my old iPhone 4 had the same problem just much worse. I can hear it really well when i put my phone down on the table etc, and when i get a text while im on the phone the vibrate makes it rattle. I think any moving part is bound to rattle! :apple:

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I believe the iFixIt guys said the slight rattle was caused by the type of vibrator apple chose to put in the phone but I could be wrong.

frozzbite

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Looking at the poll, I'm thinking if I do swap my phone tmr, there is a good chance i will end up with a phone that has a rattling power button and other cosmetic flaws. Can't help but compare my odds of getting a perfect phone with the roulette table

Jlshipp1

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
Mine has been rattling too. I noticed it while tapping the device one day. NOW the worst part is my sleep button is unresponsive half o the time. Going to have to exchange it for a new...

Michael Anthony

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Australia
Mine does, though I didn't actually know that the rattling sound was the button until somebody mentioned rattling iPhone 5s. Doesn't concern me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.