iPhone 5 -- Downgrade to 9.3.5 in future once Apple Stops Signing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by serialiphoneuser, Sep 26, 2016.

1. serialiphoneuser macrumors member

I would like to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 10, but in the future would like to be able to downgrade to iOS 9.3.5.. What steps do I have to take before upgrading to iOS 10 like saving SHSH / APTickets?

Are there any permanent downgrade exploits available for A5 Devices?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot.
    Currently there's no such option.
    If you upgrade your device you will not be able to downgrade.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The days of just being able to save blobs and use an app to downgrade ended with the release of iOS 6.

It's still possible with an iPhone 5 and before, but there are certain specific conditions that have to be met. Namely, the device you want to downgrade has to be jailbroken first. And you don't really get to choose what version of iOS you want to go to. If you don't have blobs for versions prior to iOS 8 then one of your only stops is iOS 8.4.1 - which doesn't have a jailbreak. The processes that facilitate this are arcane and not user friendly.

So, AJ is telling you there is no option because it's just easier than trying to explain all the machinations involved when most people cannot even meet the first condition (being jailbroken).

4. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

If an iOS 10 JB is released, can't you downgrade to 8.4.1 using OdysseusOTA 2? I used version 1 to downgrade my iPad 2 from 9.0.2 to 6.1.3 and had no issues

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No one knows what will work and be possible in the future.
    We'll have to wait and see.