iPhone 5% drop when screen is locked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joegleur, Feb 23, 2013.

1. joegleur macrumors regular

Hey All,

Just newly jailbroken and I'm wondering ifs tweaks are messing up with my phone or if its delusionment.

How many % does your battery life drop per hour when it's locked and not use? I'm getting a battery drain of roughly 2% every hour:S No push email or anything.

Thanks!

2. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

You're overreacting! 2% per hour is perfectly normal, in fact it's quite good. :D

My iPhone 5 is jailbroken and it uses about 5% an hour on standby.

Your tweaks arent wasting your battery at all in my opinion.

3. joegleur thread starter macrumors regular

Yikes! 5% an hour would give you 20 hours on standby max. How.. How can you live like this?! Lol.

4. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

Haha, I charge my phone every night regardless of it's charge, and I'm often by a computer, so I plug it in whenever I can.

My battery life never seems to be a problem for me! :D

5. joegleur thread starter macrumors regular

i wish i could adopt your way of thinking. i was just really hoping to use a phone that could last me all day with decent usage because at this rate, we're getting standby times that are 10% of advertised rates. gulp! haha.

6. erichess22, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013

erichess22 macrumors regular

With iOS 6, jailbroken or not, one of the most complained about problems has been the random loss of battery percentage. It has said to work to simply do a reboot of your device. Turn it completely off and back on and it has said to work wonders? It has never happened to me but it's what i've read.
    Hope it works out for you!

7. joegleur, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013

joegleur thread starter macrumors regular

hey eric, thanks for the suggestions. i've done the whole shebang.. animal sacrifice etc to no avail too ;(

8. erichess22 macrumors regular

Sorry to hear that :/