iPhone 5 dropping cellular data

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jman13, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my iPhone 5 seems to occasionally completely drop the cellular data network. Like, I'll have 2-3 bars of LTE, then all of a sudden LTE will disappear and it will not connect to ANY data network for a period of time. Sometimes I have to toggle airplane mode or something to get it to come back on. When it does, I usually have a strong signal. I've even been in the city with 5 bars and it'll just drop data to nothing. No 4G, no Edge. It's done it when I've been connected to HSPA as well, so I don't think it's an LTE only thing.

A toggle will get it back most of the time. It started off very sporadic, but I've noticed it occurring far more frequently of late (it happened at least 4 times yesterday). I never had any issues like this with my 4S, 4 or 3Gs. Does this sound like a potential hardware problem? A bug in 6.0.2, or possible odd carrier issues (AT&T)?

2. clarkb33 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 5 with AT&T. Data intermittently drops out, even though it shows I have reception. I have to reset network settings to get it to come back. This happened before 6.0.2 and afterwards.

3. Jman13 thread starter macrumors 68000

Are we the only ones? Wondering if I should talk to AT&T or Apple.

4. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I get it time to time here in Salt Lake City, usually have to toggle airplane mode to re-establish a decent connection.

Should note I'm on AT&T as well.

5. tvith macrumors member

I've had this happen a few times with my Verizon iPhone 5. Noticed that even though I'm in a LTE area, just randomly it'll lose the LTE connection and then ends up with a circle as if it can't connect back to LTE. I have to turn the phone off and then back on. Happened to me in NYC yesterday, and happens here and there at work, in Yonkers (which is about 30-45min north of the city)

6. mkstretch macrumors newbie

mkstretch

I have a verizon iPhone 5 and it does the same thing it will show 3 or 4 bars but the LTE icon goes blank and shows no connection for about a minute. I get no circle at all it is just blank space next to the bars icon. Then it reconnects.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

8. Kulfon macrumors regular

9. xixi.li macrumors regular

I have this problem before,It's your phone 's problem.