iPhone 5 email issue? Or is it ios6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ktbubster, Oct 5, 2012.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

So i've noticed since getting my iphone 5 and being on ios6 that my email has been slower. Especially when I try to check my sent mail, to make sure something goes through, it takes FOREVER to load, if it ever does.

Is this happening for anyone else? Is it the phone? have 4s users had this problem with email on ios6?

Thanks!

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Who is your e-mail provider? I may be a problem with their e-mail servers.

3. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

I use a few... it happens with my .me account and my gmail accounts though.... :-/

4. ljmac macrumors member

Network problems quite likely :)

5. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

fair enough, although it never happened with my old phone. perhaps someway ios6 is handling the network....

6. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I have this happen sometimes on LTE. If I turn off LTE, mail loads much faster (ironic, eh?) It also pukes on the App Store sometimes and again, turning off LTE makes things happy again. I'm beginning to suspect that there are some issues with encrypted/secured data and LTE.

7. Graceflanger macrumors newbie

I have a New iPad and the iPhone 5 both on iOS 6 and both are set to push my email. I will get my emails on my iPad right away, but on my 5 I won't get any email until I open the app. I changed it from push to every 30 minutes on my 5 and now I get my emails. Seems push doesn't like my 5. Idk.