iPhone 5 Flash Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewicloud, Oct 6, 2012.

1. andrewicloud macrumors newbie

Has anyone got an issue with the flash on there device? We have two in our house hold and the light illuminates once then go dim as the picture has been taken, the other iPhone doesn't?

2. mustu macrumors 6502

Hi yes I just tested and noticed the same! Darn! Is it the same in both your phones?

3. lord_flash macrumors regular

Yes, I get this too. If I switch phone off and on it goes away, but after a while (memory thing?) it comes back. Really annoying. Between this and maps I'm starting to wish I'd gone for a Galaxy S3. If it's a close enough design copy for Apple to sue, but has clearly better software (by less arrogant and careless developers who seem to view testing as something the public can do), it's a pretty appealing phone!

4. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

There are threads on this already. Reboot the phone. Fixes it.

5. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

And don't worry, it's a software issue - not a hardware issue. It'll probably be fixed in an iOS 6.0.1 update.

6. lord_flash macrumors regular

I figured it would be a software thing, but let's be fair just because people know doesn't mean it's not really, really poor quality control by Apple.

And the picture opportunity will always be gone in the time it takes to reboot the phone; this is not 'a fix'.

This is the first time I've bought an Apple product and felt cheated and angry more than happy and pleased, and I switched from PCs about ten years ago, and have owned every iPhone.

7. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Don't mix QC of the iPhone 5 with a software flaw.

8. lord_flash macrumors regular

Please don't patronise me. I don't mean the current QC debate about Foxcon, I mean QC in the general sense. Which, I assume covers software too. Like in any other organisation. If I bought a camera from Canon with bad firmware I'd still be angry about it. I am not an Apple apologist – I generally like Apple products, but I don't feel the need to defend them when, as here, they've clearly made a mistake / an inferior product. Why do you?

9. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Please enlighten me. Where did I defend Apple?
    No software is perfect. Third party apps do have problems too that lead to them quitting and rebooting. And I'm not just talking iOS or Apple here. ;)

How many times did you reboot your computer (Mac, Linux, Windows...) because of something not going as expected?

If a software issue is solved with a reboot that means it happens under certain circumstances and therefore it can -and will, I guess- be addressed.