iPhone 5 flip cases

konicky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Decent quality flip cases for the new iPhone are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I just got the Cygnett Lavish which is nice enough but doesn't feel as durable or protective as the Stil Gut one I had for my 4S.

Any others out there?

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
Pcaro

I purchased this case for the ip4 from eBay and it was high quality leather. I have one on order for the ip5 and I'm sure it will be nice. The picture is the ip5. It comes in 5 colors.

I've owned vaja cases in the past and they were beautiful, handcrafted cases but I ordered one from vaja's site for the ip4 and it was very poorly made. It looked cheap. I returned it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sale-Brand-PCARO-New-Genuine-Leather-Case-Back-Cover-for-Apple-iPhone-5-/330795332836?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4d04f034e4

Attachments

Last edited:
Comment

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
I purchased this case for the ip4 from eBay and it was high quality leather. I have one on order for the ip5 and I'm sure it will be nice. The picture is the ip5. It comes in 5 colors.
(... Snip ...)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sale-Brand-PCARO-New-Genuine-Leather-Case-Back-Cover-for-Apple-iPhone-5-/330795332836?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4d04f034e4
I'm in love with that Pcaro case. ONLY reason I've yet to place an order -- the camera cut-out area seems kinda tight. I'm concerned about the potential for flash interference. Been burned once before on that issue. I'd be most appreciative if someone would kindly comment on this concern, once the case is in hand. Thanks in advance.

Comment

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I'm in love with that Pcaro case. ONLY reason I've yet to place an order -- the camera cut-out area seems kinda tight. I'm concerned about the potential for flash interference. Been burned once before on that issue. I'd be most appreciative if someone would kindly comment on this concern, once the case is in hand. Thanks in advance.
I should have it this week. I will post and let you know about the flash with this case.

Comment

greentaloy

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
Yes,for many case are made of PU leather case which is not as good as genuine leather case,from last bad experience on PU case,only have attention on Genuine leather such as calf leather case,durable with natural touch,such as HOCO iPhone 5 genuine leather case,good case...

Comment

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I got the black Pcaro case and there is no flash back from the camera whatsoever. I can't speak for the other colors but I tried the flash in very dimly lit rooms and it was exactly the same with and without the case.

Comment

konicky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Just ordered the Piel Frama iMagnum 2 in black. Hope it's worth the money!

Comment

Giuly

macrumors 68040
How about the SGP illuzion? Looks nice, holds tree cards, protects you phone with a hard shell and you can even make calls with it closed.

Or, if you're more into real leather, the KAVAJ Dallas. It has two card slots on the back, and the flap is magnetic. And except for the magnets, it's 100% leather.

Also, the new SGP Valentinus just came out, which is pretty much the genuine leather variant of the illuzion.

Last edited:
Comment

myarun125

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
wow that is the wonderful iphone many people buy this phone because many futures in this phone...

Comment