iPhone 5 flip cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by konicky, Sep 30, 2012.

1. konicky macrumors member

Decent quality flip cases for the new iPhone are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I just got the Cygnett Lavish which is nice enough but doesn't feel as durable or protective as the Stil Gut one I had for my 4S.

Any others out there?

2. TLewis macrumors 65816

Those appear to have magnets which might erase your credit cards, or a piece of metal over part of the area that Apple says, "DO NOT OBSTRUCT THIS AREA WITH METAL". :mad: Their "Leger" pouch appears to be the one exception, but that appears to be a sleeve-style case.

3. stringbeanie, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Pcaro

I purchased this case for the ip4 from eBay and it was high quality leather. I have one on order for the ip5 and I'm sure it will be nice. The picture is the ip5. It comes in 5 colors.

I've owned vaja cases in the past and they were beautiful, handcrafted cases but I ordered one from vaja's site for the ip4 and it was very poorly made. It looked cheap. I returned it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sale-Brand-PCARO-New-Genuine-Leather-Case-Back-Cover-for-Apple-iPhone-5-/330795332836?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4d04f034e4

Attached Files:

4. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

I'm in love with that Pcaro case. ONLY reason I've yet to place an order -- the camera cut-out area seems kinda tight. I'm concerned about the potential for flash interference. Been burned once before on that issue. I'd be most appreciative if someone would kindly comment on this concern, once the case is in hand. Thanks in advance.

5. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I should have it this week. I will post and let you know about the flash with this case.

6. greentaloy macrumors member

Yes,for many case are made of PU leather case which is not as good as genuine leather case,from last bad experience on PU case,only have attention on Genuine leather such as calf leather case,durable with natural touch,such as HOCO iPhone 5 genuine leather case,good case...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

9. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I got the black Pcaro case and there is no flash back from the camera whatsoever. I can't speak for the other colors but I tried the flash in very dimly lit rooms and it was exactly the same with and without the case.

10. iAi macrumors 6502

11. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Here's to the crazy ones.

Attached Files:

12. konicky thread starter macrumors member

Cocon

Quite like the look of this one but concerned at the use of adhesive to stick the phone in place!

http://www.cocon-berlin.com/en/iphone-case/

At least the phone isn't hidden in a lump of ugly plastic!

Has anyone used this type of case before?

13. konicky thread starter macrumors member

Just ordered the Piel Frama iMagnum 2 in black. Hope it's worth the money!

14. Giuly, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

How about the SGP illuzion? Looks nice, holds tree cards, protects you phone with a hard shell and you can even make calls with it closed.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Or, if you're more into real leather, the KAVAJ Dallas. It has two card slots on the back, and the flap is magnetic. And except for the magnets, it's 100% leather.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also, the new SGP Valentinus just came out, which is pretty much the genuine leather variant of the illuzion.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. myarun125 macrumors newbie

wow that is the wonderful iphone many people buy this phone because many futures in this phone...