Iphone 5 for $250

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by actripxl, Aug 8, 2013.

1. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

Guys I need some help here, I'm being offered a mint condition used iPhone 5 for $250. I am curious to get back to iOS since 7 looks really nice and hoping the enhancements are worth the wait.

I've been with android for a few years but ended up giving my Galaxy S4 to my mom since I didn't like the look and its just too difficult to use with one hand especially when walking the dog. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 521 right now, and I like the phone especially considering the price, but Windows Phone 8 just doesn't cut it with the lack of apps.

Is this a good price for a year old phone or should I just wait and see whats coming out since they'll finally be two models to choose from.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

If its in mint condition, yes. Do you know the person you are buying it from? I ask this because because that seems like a "Too Good To Be True" price. Even if you want to upgrade to the new iPhone when it comes out, you should be able to get your money back plus if you sell it. Just make sure everything is legit.

3. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

That's definitely a good price and if it's legit I wouldn't think twice about picking it up.

4. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

it is way too cheap. If I were you I would pass... Chances to get a phone working now and blacklisted in two weeks are extremely high

5. actripxl thread starter macrumors 6502

actripxl

Thanks for the advice, I'll it get since I know the guy and I checked the imei number online. Windows Phone 8 is ok for a secondary phone but the lack of legitimate apps hurts it a lot.