Iphone 5 for Verizon or just AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hellzprince1, Sep 3, 2011.

1. hellzprince1 macrumors member

I'm a verizon costumer and wanted to know if the new Iphone that is suppose to come out is going to be under AT&T only therefore not allowing verizon costumers to get one or will it be both.

I wanted to know because I have been dying to get an Iphone for while now and wanted to know if the wait till the next release is going to be worth it?

what are you thoughts guy?

Thanks

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

It would be very surprising if it was not on both platforms. Might even be announced for a third.

3. Zeisen55 macrumors member

everyone seems to agree that it will be released for verizon and att&t, at the very least. it may even be arriving on sprint or tmobile.

4. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

What he said. I think that is a pretty safe bet.

5. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

It will be announced for four US carriers....AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Except that's still rumoured. Unless you have inside knowledge you'd like sharing with us :)

7. Saberj macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure any answer at this point is still based on rumors. For all we know, maybe Apple is ditching AT&T. :shrug:

8. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Ask yourself, would it be logical for Apple to release their new device on just one carrier? :p
    Rumors are speculating for a 3rd and maybe 4th carrier so they're releasing the i5 to a mass market.

9. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Definitely AT&T and Verizon at the same time.

Sprint seems very likely to get the iPhone as well. While I would love to see T-mobile get an iPhone in addition, and we did see that there were test devices running on T-mobile's network, I just don't think it is happening.

Not only are most of the major rumor and news sites not mentioning T-mobile when they talk about Sprint getting the iPhone, but also a product release timeline was recently leaked. While there were not names of phones attached to the dates, there were not more releases than the number of known phones coming to T-mobile in October.