Iphone 5 freezing during texting.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noupf, May 13, 2014.

1. noupf macrumors member

So, my phone is giving me freezing problems when texting. i have the most recent update ( 7.1.1 ) and i noticed within a day or so that when i begin texting, it freezes. Takes 5-10 seconds for the freezing to stop and then i can type again. If i try to edit, move the cursor or cut and paste, it freezes again ( another 5-10 seconds ). Twice i have almost thrown my phone through a wall........its incredibly irritating. Anybody else have this happening? The phone has performed flawlessly for the year and a half that i have had it.

Any tips or ideas?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This happens to me when one or both of the following exist:
    My iPhone's capacity is nearly maxed out (within 500 MB) or I have an abundant amount of texts saved over a great deal of contacts. For example, I had texts to and from 19 contacts. Of those, more than half were heavy texting conversations that were saved over the course of many many months. Deleting some of those and freeing up space fixed my issue. I called it a stutter as it was only a quick second but a quick second was like 5 seconds in terms of how long it felt.

Do any of the two exist for you?