Iphone 5 Full Body Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eah5683, Jul 8, 2013.

1. eah5683 macrumors newbie

I know there have been several post about this, but I wanted some more feed back on the ones available on amazon. Though you can look at reviews on amazon, I want my trusted:apple: friends to help me out :) I am in a dilema over which one to purchase. I am considering Skinomi, Amorsuit, and IQ Shield LIQuidSkin. I want something that is super durable and can withstand about anything. I have read the other forums and would consider Best Skins Ever, but I am not sure how durable they are. I also would like opinions on the side protectors and if they withstand cases. Thank you so much for the help :)

Here are the links ones found on amazon:

Skinomi: http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechSkin-Protector-Protective-Wireless/dp/B0092QSQEK/ref=pd_sim_cps_1

Armorsuit: http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-Mil...e-Replacements/dp/B005SN1FOY/ref=pd_sim_cps_5

IQ Shield LIQuidSkin: http://www.amazon.com/IQ-Shield-LIQ...lacement/dp/B009EA550C/ref=pd_bxgy_cps_text_y

2. TheChrisBlaze macrumors member

How about the new Otterbox Clearly Protected 360 series (previously known as Wrapsol)? It actually claims to have scratch and drop protection, which is a pretty lofty claim for a simple skin set.

3. Andyyyy macrumors member

the clearly protected is what i use and its great. it is really a thick protector and it gives you that peace of mind feeling. as long as youre not planning on putting it in a case as well (bc its so thick) this is my personal favorite

4. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

5. eah5683 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've never heard of this before and will look into it :) I knew Otterbox makes great cases, but never heard of an Otterbox screen protector. Thanks :)

----------

How well does it do against scratches? I have yet to find a test video on it. Thanks for the reply :)

6. hunter2k9 macrumors newbie

I have used Skinomi before and best skins ever, I found BSE to have a better quality in terms of transparency, honestly I think all these are almost exactly the same. Skinomi claims to not have any kind of orange peel effect. The one skin that I think separates itself from the pack is the Invisible Shield HD. They have truly arrived at a product that is very transparent and almost feels like glass. if you want a tougher skin then the Invisible Shield HD Extreme is great I have seen it on a friend's phone. It's very thick and also glass like surface. I personally hate Screen Protectors and Skins that dull the colors of the retina display I find it counter-productive. The Wrapsol skin which is now an Otterbox branded skin like TheChrisBlaze pointed out is matte in finish, and so it dulls the screen and you lose clarity which is why I wouldn't buy it. Of all the one's you posted I would choose Best Skins Ever, first and Skinomi second. Also if you could spend a little more I would recommend the HD series by Zagg I have never been a fan of them but after they came out with their HD version a truly think it separates it from the pack. Hope this helps.

7. eah5683 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks this did helps a bunch! I appreciate it :)

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

This one is the most sold on amazon:
    Skinomi TechSkin - Apple iPhone 5 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield , Full Body Protective Skin , AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless
    http://amzn.com/B0092QSQEK

Thats the way i find out which product is the best before buying(and checking MR)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2