Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mm3t00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
just wondering for all of you out there who opted to use a full body skin instead of a case, how has your phone held up? how has the rim around the bezel held up with no protection?

personally, i installed the best skins ever and it left the rim around the bezel exposed and i felt like it would get dinged easily still and switched to a case. i've been contemplating going back to a skin again but a bit iffy

feel free to post up some pics!

:eek:

Last edited:

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I'd like to know who has the best clear matte back protector (dry install only)? I was about to pull the trigger on the sticketboy matte sides and back. Thanks!

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
had BSE on my first iPhone and it held up fine (the skin started peeling on the side pieces). Granted, I only had the phone like that for a couple of months before the sleep/wake button broke :(

Waate

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
I have bodygaurdz on my iphone 5(black) for over a month. No peeling (like invisible sheild did) and the only scuff on bezel is a very tiny one (have to hold it up and look closely) from when I dropped phone on linoleum from my lap. Other than that no scuffs at all on bezel. The skin seems to protect enough where it is hard to get in between and scratch it (not impossible) and the rest of the phone, of course, looks brand new! Had the phone now since jan 1 so almost two months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.