iPhone 5 glass slightly raised

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stickyfingers85, Nov 14, 2012.

1. stickyfingers85 macrumors regular

Hello all

Need some advice to see if i'm being overly picky...

I've had my iphone 5 since launch day and haven't had a problem until now.

I keep my iphone in a thin shell kind of case and recently i've noticed that when i pick it up or hold it, it feels like i can push the iphone deeper into the case.

When i take it out of the case and inspect it in more detail you can see that the glass on the front of the iphone is slight more raised on one side, i would say max 3mm. Also, if you press it fairly hard you can see it rock between the side that is raised and the side that isn't. It just isn't flush on one side

Anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure its worth taking it to a genius bar as they might just laugh at me. It's just irritating me now I know that its there

Any suggestions? (polite ones)

2. stock28 macrumors member

There are several threads here about this. Some report the screen making a clicking noise if you push down on one or more corners. Many have said Apple or their carriers replaced the phone due to this. I've had mine since release date also and I never noticed it at the time. I just noticed in the last week that the right and left top corner will push down a tiny bit. Everything else on my phone has been perfect and I'm not chancing replacing it for this. Just depends on how bad yours is and how much it bothers you.

3. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Had a very similar problem with my black iPhone 5, the glass was raised down both sides of the screen, so much that I could feel the whole screen move when I used it. This significantly increases the likelihood that the screen will crack as it is unsupported, I'd take it back to Apple and get it replaced

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 5.5G 120GB, Shure SE425's, Dell XPS 13 UB :apple: