iPhone 5 got nicked :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by casjohnr, Jan 10, 2015.

1. casjohnr macrumors regular

Last night I was on the train home. Suddenly I put my hand in my pocket to reach for my phone and...it wasn't there!

Had only just sent a message minutes before so knew I hadn't left it at work. Did get in touch with both the train station and train operator but nobody had handed it in, tried ringing the mobile number and already turned off :(

Didn't have Find My iPhone turned on (I turned it off at some point as I had to for some reason or another and was too lazy to turn it back on), fairly sure I turned iCloud off to 'save some battery', and haven't had iTunes installed on my PC in months. How stupid am I!

Basically - Lesson learnt!!! The only thing I can do is report my SIM lost to my operator and hope they can block it (Luckily that is PAYG with a 'bundle' applied on it that is due to run out in a couple of days)

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Yep, report it stolen so at least they can't sell it as a working phone (in this country).

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Dang sorry man.
    BTW, just curious, was it in a coat pocket? I assume it would be hard to steal from a jeans pocket...

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Try contacting the local Apple Store with the phone's serial number in hand. There's no guarantee they'll try to help you, but they may be willing to keep an eye out for any phone that comes in for a repair or trade-in and has that serial number.

Also,file a police report.