iPhone 5 Headphone jack -droplet of water-sensor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frostylou, May 16, 2013.

1. frostylou macrumors newbie

Quick question, I just got my new iPhone 5. I was concerned that I might've gotten a drop of water in the Jack.
    Someone told me at the Apple Store, that there is no longer a sensor there. And someone else there told me there still is one there.
    My question is, if there isn't a sensor there and 'if' a couple of droplets of rain went in there., would any sensor be triggered?

Thx for your help

2. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I had my iPhone replaced today at the Apple store. The genius popped out the SIM card to check for water damage. There is a water sensor on the screen side of the SIM card slot. There is also another one internally next to the sleep/wake button.

3. frostylou thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx Spades.
    So is it safe to assume that of a drop of water got In the headphone jack,it would not trigger the sensors?

4. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I would assume so, however, I am very careful to not allow any water to hit the phone. I would guess that if a drop of water did make its way into the headphone jack and the jack still worked after it dried out, you would be safe and no water sensors would have been tripped.

I use my phone all the time while running, cycling, and any other working out. I'm always worried about a drop of sweat hitting it and doing some kind of damage. Snack sized Zip lock bags work great to keep the phone dry.

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

There is one in there. Don't get water in there.