Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biznitch15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Anyone having Problem with their Iphone 5 being too hot?

Well I am. I left home this morning for work and I was streaming radio on Tunein Radio App for about 45 Minutes on ATT HSPA+ "LTE was turned off for battery purposes" and my phone got real hot from streaming. But today wasn't the first time either, it's happened the last 4 times i streamed on My new phone since Friday.

Another issue during the Stream my battery went from 100% to 80% in just 45 minutes of listening to music on the APP. Anybody else have these issues?

terrimac

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Here. Hour and a half drive using navigation and streaming music connected to power. Same on trip back without the charger. New maps rocked tho!

jpcapili

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Mine got too hot as well ... I was only web browsing and using a few apps that connect to the Internet.

vakacherla

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Me Too

I'm having the same issues. I drive almost 50 miles each way to work and i stream FM Radio to my car speakers. By the time i reach office, the phone gets too hot. I went and showed the same in Apple showroom, they verified and said, there is nothing wrong, but if i want, they can replace the phone.

I went ahead and got a replacement phone, but with the new phone also, 'm having the same problem. Is it an issue with A6 chip? Or charger or what? I'm excited with new phone, but very disappointed with this heating problems.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
I've never run into an issue, ever. And I run the phone so hard between nav and streaming that it actually goes from 100% to 50% in a few hours on the car charger.

Do you guys live in hot climates?

metalic

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2008
I live in Sweden (it's snowing right now) and mine gets hot aswell. I have done some testing and it appears it gets like this when on 3G/4G, never on Wifi... shame really

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
My initial phone and my replacement also have this problem, even when im only browsing safari it gets hot and battery drains quickly, i only get 4-5 hours of usage.

Cizan

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
When my phone was using gps in the car and in the sunlight, there was an actual warning on the screen saying the phone was too hot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.