iPhone 5 hitting shops in September

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rash799, Apr 20, 2011.

1. rash799 macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2011
  2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Feb 19, 2011
    "It has been confirmed" *searches for source* "...Rumor has it..."

Useful, thank you.
  3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Apr 30, 2010
    Thank GOD we have the date now and we can relax!:p
  4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

May 13, 2010
    Absolutely disaster timing.

June is for iPhone and September is for iPods.

Want to release iPhone and ipod touch at the same time?

Non-sense and BS unless steve says it.

As an apple share holder, this is an absolutely terrible idea.

I hope someone asks about this stupid rumor on apple's conference call today.
  5. wxman2003 Suspended

Apr 12, 2011
  6. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Please put CONFIRMED in your thread title and no one can argue with you.:)
  7. G-Mo macrumors 6502

Nov 6, 2010
    Auckland, NZ
  8. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

Apr 4, 2011
    well, that's a lot of waiting for a lot of let down:

i've been holding onto my 3gs because the form factor of the ip4 didn't impress me. looks like i'll be holding onto it until 2012. :(
  9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Oct 27, 2009
    I hope this is false. I was looking forward to face smacking Verizon iPhone owners with my new iPhone 5 all summer long. :p
  10. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Sep 20, 2007
  11. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Nov 21, 2009
    Up There
    Oh yes!
  12. rash799 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2011
    I dont mind the lack of 4G because it will be a while until it becomes widely used by all the networks (in the UK). It is still too early to tell but according to the blog that I posted, there are not many improvements. Just a better camera, faster processor (I really hope its dual core) and better multitasking. They don't seemed to have changed much.
  13. rash799 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2011
    Spot on, this is needed to shut them Android boys up
  14. rash799 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2011
    That's a good idea but somebody made a good point that there is no official word from Apple regarding this (or at least I haven't been able to find anything) so I dont want to write "confirmed" even though the blog says that it is confirmed. I have a good feeling about this "rumour" though because there are a number of websites that are saying that the release will be on September.
  15. infidel69 macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2011
    LOL at Apple shareholders on macrumors making demands.
  16. elan123 macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2011
    hey, calm down mr skeptical!
  17. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Sep 16, 2010
    Croydon, South London, UK
    ......if that is all the iPhone 5 is going to be - theres absolutely nothing to get excited about :(

Better camera?! Thats no biggie....
    Faster Processor ? So, what, we gain 1 or 2 seconds when opening and closing apps - WOW:rolleyes:
    Better Multi-Tasking? Surely that will come with an iOS software update, not just with updated hardware.....

If this IS really how the iPhone 5 will look - I can see mass disappointment!!:(
  18. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

Sep 1, 2010
    May actually consider passing on this gen.....lol I say that every year.
  19. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2009
    Same. Marginal processor upgrades, no 4G/LTE, still insisting on using fragile glass in build, no addressing the antenna issues.

Processor speed on a phone is overrated. Most apps support legacy hardware well beyond the update cycle.
  20. A2DY macrumors member

Feb 16, 2011
    what do you expect it to do? make your dinner?

Better camera, processor and multiasking (OS) will be a big step. Only other possibility is 4G (not mass used at the moment so no major loss) and a bigger screen (which in my opinion is stupid if it increases the phone size, if I wanted a widescreen TV in my pocket it would get one)

Looks-wise, they are unlikely to change the design so quickly, they never have before and there is no realneed to. Better to do a complete redesign when they introduce 4G next year and have an entirely new phone. Simple business sense I would have thought?
  21. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

Jan 30, 2009
    New York
    i just bought a verizon iphone at retail price when they came out in february because i dont have an upgrade till may of next year. i am perfectly content using my iphone 4 till next summer then buying the "iPhone 6" for a subsidized price. my worst fear was that the iphone coming out this year would blow the iphone 4 out of the water, and if all this new info in true, it really wont. i could not be more thrilled with this news, assuming its accurate.
  22. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

Jun 8, 2007
    Until it's been confirmed by Apple I don't care. Every iPhone has been out in late June/early July. That's what I'm going with right now.
  23. xraydoc macrumors 604

Oct 9, 2005
    Sometime in 2013, Apple will release a new iPhone. Confirmed.
  24. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

Dec 24, 2010
    The next gen iPhone will be released in June. I promise :apple: