iPhone 5 Hotspot AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tate8, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Tate8 macrumors newbie

After enabling my hotspot and connecting my ipad via wifi it works fine until the iPad "sleeps". It then loses the connection. But when I search again for wireless networks my iphone does not show up until I turn off the hotspot and turn it back on again.

Whenever I try to connect a device to the hotspot I have to turn it if and turn it back on. I can't just leave the hotspot active at all times and connect whenever I would like to.

Is this a setting that I am missing?

I would love to be able to leave my hotspot on at all times and use it just like wifi instead of having to get my phone out and go into settings every time.

Any ideas?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, cause if they let it always broadcast when nothing is connected it will eat up your battery very fast.
    So its design to only stay active for so many minutes and then disables to save battery. There's nothing you can do to change that, its a preset.
    You will have to toggle it again later to reconnect after it has deactivated.

3. Tate8 thread starter macrumors newbie