iPhone 5 I predict a problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byke, Sep 7, 2011.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

I am a fan of apple to the most part and own a iPhone 4, iPad 2 etc .....
    But I fear that the latest iPhone 5 is being rushed out and we could see a new issue larger than antenna gate as we saw last year.

Top 3 issues possible issues.

iOS 5 :
    I don't think ios 5 is fully ready yet, nor will it be fully ready by launch date.
    To the point where we see a software patch being released within the first 10 days of the iPhone 5 release to try and address issues.

Battery :
    Based on the new shape I think the iPhone will have with a taper similar to a MacBook air, I have this sneaky suspicion we could see battery issues relating to performance and maybe heat released from the processor.

Heat :
    I think we could see a problem with higher heat issues and how it is dispersed from the processor or antenna.

Yes I know this is a somewhat negative post, but I wanted to put down my predictions / fears now so that if I am right, I can refer to this post later on ;)

2. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

iOS 5 is not being rushed. It has been in beta for over 3 months now, and is still not in GM. This is quite a longer period than iOS 4 was even in beta. Also, the shape you are referring to, I am assuming is the tear drop shape. It isn't even confirmed that the iPhone will be designed this way. I actually highly doubt it, but I could be wrong. There were rumors of a heating issue with the A5 processor, but all just rumor.

You really can't predict what problems the next iPhone will have until it is at least announced.

3. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

iOS 5- They have plenty of time to polish the GM; it even works well already.

Battery- Based on the new shape? Nothing has been released yet. We know nothing of the shape. Also a tapered battery would be TERRIBLE for a mobile device. It'll probably end up looking like a thicker iPad 2, IMO

Heat - worked well with the iPad, even though using much beefier components and a much thinner case. Also with every generation of iPhones and iPod touches getting progressively faster components.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

This is the 2nd thread where a person thinks there's an issue. Can't you keep it all in one thread??

Nothing is delayed as Apple hasn't announced anything yet. It's only delayed from when WE thought it would release.

----------

The iPad case is significantly large than the iPhone casing.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Well, I disagree with you on all counts.

First of all, antenna gate wasn't an issue, it was blown out of proportion by the media.

Who cares if they release an update 10 days after it's released? :confused:

When was battery ever a problem for the iPhone? :confused: It provides amazing usage that lasts for hours.

And heat isn't that big of a problem with the iPhone 4, I don't think it'll be a problem with the 5.

:)

6. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

I was giving an example of going from a thick device to a much thinner device with much faster specs had little to no effect on heat.

7. Qoo macrumors 6502

First, you worry too much

Second, if you still don't feel comfortable then you don't really need to purchase the iphone 5 once publish, you can wait for second or third batch

Last, I don't think apple is rushing on the development as well as the production.

8. pullfocus macrumors 6502a

pullfocus

And what, pray tell, are any of these points based on?

I think there might be a problem with the iPhone 5 in that it will spontaneously combust when you try make a call and brose the web at the same time.

See what I did there?

9. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

1. No way.
    2. Wrong.
    3. Nope.

Just have some patience.

10. shandyman Suspended

wow, you have too much time and an overactive imagination! Get out and enjoy life. Also ANOTHER thread saying the same thing? madness! the other one is even on the first page of this board!! Even if your theories are right, how would anyone ever find out, as if it was (VERY UNLIKELY) delayed for any of your reasons, we'd never know.

THere's no delay. Apple have chosen a later release date than usual, we got wind of this back in January/February time. Back then everyone was saying that it was logical to move the iPhone launch to the same time as the new iPods.

People are starting to go crazy imagining problems that don't exist. If Apple had said that they were going to release it in the Summer at WWDC like usual then delayed it, then people might actually have a point, but they didn't.

Aligning the iPhone launch with the iPods makes sense as they're mostly the same features on each device, so no duplicating presentations or the thunder being stolen. They all run the same iOS. They obviously picked this year as it tied in well with them setting up iCloud, giving them much more time to perfect it rather than delay it, look at Game Center, that obviously had problesm and got pushed to 4.1 rather than being included in 4.0.

I would not be surprised if they didn't change the iPad to later in the year at some point in the next 2 years.

11. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Apple knows what they are doing. Whether it be better or worse than the 4 it will still be a very good phone.

And iOS 5 is great IMO. It still has a few bugs but it's much easier to navigate and use than it was.

12. EddyP macrumors 6502

"I want to post a bunch of guesses I am pulling out of my ass so I can pretend to be a genius if any of it happens to be right"

Got it.

13. byke thread starter macrumors 6502a

byke

14. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

If it looks like that I'm not buying.

15. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

A flying iPhone? Who in their right mind wouldn't want such a thing?!

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Chill bro. The iPhone 5 will come out when it's supposed to.

17. roundstik macrumors newbie

I would be very surprised if they let a battery or antennae issue plague this phone. Their last one had antennae issues and any 4g phone has battery issues. That will be key to hold over android