iPhone 5 iCloud delete problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rei101, Sep 1, 2014.

1. rei101 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys.

I have my iPhone 5, I did a back up on iTunes today. I have an iCloud account I never used because I never used iCloud! I realized I have another iCloud account actually with my right Apple ID.

Now, I want to delete the account I have on the iPhone but I do not have the passord. It seems that when I bought the iPhone I installed a crazy account and never used it. The security questions does not work neither.

And I am trying to delete it but I have the "Find my phone" on. And it does not let me.

How can I reset the iPhone and reinstall the back up I have with my actual real iCloud account?

Thank you guys.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you lose the password for the iCloud account that Find my iPhone is enabled under, there's really not much you can do. No matter how you reset/restore the phone, during the Activaction process, it's going to check in with Apple servers, notice that Find my iPhone was enabled, and it's not going to let you proceed with using the phone until you type in the proper password.

You can try contacting Apple, but if you don't know the security questions, and you don't have a alternate recovery email address setup, my guess is that they're not going to have anything that authoritatively establishes you as the owner of that iCloud account, and they're not going to be of much help.

4. rei101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I may have to go to the Apple store and see, they usually check with you social security number and stuff and they may reset the entire phone. I do not believe is a big deal but I would have to do it with them.

Thank you.