iphone 5 iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NA1, Jul 18, 2014.

1. NA1 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

Hoping someone can assist.

I recently purchased my daughter a iPhone 5 from Trading Post during the week.

Buyer advise phone would be as new. There is already a icloud user ID on the phone. I have been trying to contact the seller to reset details but has not been available. I was wondering if there was anyway to reset the user ID so my daughter was able to activate the phone. I thought a factory restore and update would work, but would not delete icloud user. Is this the case for all 2nd hand iphones?

If anyone could be so kind to email me a program or tutorial that can help, I have tried numerous ways and have been quiet unsuccessful.

2. g35 macrumors 6502a

No, I'm sorry. There is no way around the iCloud lock without the original user's password. If the phone was not as advertised ('as new'), you should try to get your money back. If the ad included a warning about the iCloud lock I'm afraid you're out of luck unless they have a return policy.

3. NA1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately it was through trading post, He has been unreachable since purchase. He had this in original box with paperwork, I had only assumed this was everything.

I just contacted Apple and advised that they could only assist if I had original proof of purchase from the retailer. In which I checked and doesn't seem to be with the paperwork.

Is there any possible way to access the phone to atleast make phone calls? It seems like if I did have the receipt they could fix it? What steps would be different in that case :S

Cheers

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

In your case, the phone is assumed stolen. Since the person that sold it to you is unresponsive, it's likely that they required it through theft.

Since you do not have the original receipt and no one is able to provide the iCloud info for the actual owner of the phone, you are completely out of luck.

There is nothing you can do to get the phone working. Your options are attempt to get a refund from wherever you purchased the phone, or accept that you have an expensive paperweight.

5. NA1 thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers guys, there's a few possibilities ill have to out also. Thank you for the info.

6. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I agree with everyone 100% but if you can contact the previous owner so they can go into iCloud and remote delete the device, I would return it considering it to be a stolen unit whether it is or not and get your money back. In the future never walk away with a used iPhone until you can activate it in front of the seller or walk away and in the long run, Buy a new one.