iPhone 5 images

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ildandi, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ildandi macrumors newbie

I recently submitted an app with images for retina and not-retina (not layout for iPhone5). Could I've problems about this during validation?
    I've inserted only 2 Default images in XCode (for retina and for not-retina)

Another thing: how and where Can I set that app has a layout for iPhone5? I've only to add Default-568 page in XCode for tell that there is a layout created also for iPhone5?

Thanks

2. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

If your app supports the iPhone 5 "568" screen size, you must submit screenshots for the iPhone 5 also. The app will be rejected during validation if you do not.

Correct. The presence of the Default-568 file is what tells iOS that your app supports the tall screen.

3. ildandi thread starter macrumors newbie

Great!! This means that if i don't add Default-568 image in Xcode. During validation process app will be tested on iPhone 5. Right? And app will be showed on iPhone 5 devices with black bars on top and bottom.
    Only adding Default-568 image in Summary area (Launch Images section), app will be validated only on iPhone 5 devices.

Do you mean in iTunesConnect app area?
    In app details I inserted screenshots for iPhone 4 and nothing asked me to add screenshots also for iPhone 5 layout. I think that in this area there isn't any check about image size.

Thanks

4. Reason077, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

In iTunes Connect, there are currently 3 categories of screenshots, each for the different device types/display sizes:

[​IMG]

Some of the sections may be optional depending on which devices your app supports.

5. ildandi thread starter macrumors newbie

This means that if I inserted only iPhone 4 screen shot, app will not validated for iPhone 5 layout?

Thanks

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The only trigger (so far) for support of the iPhone 5 is the existence of the Default-568 file.

And when it exists, then you must supply at least one iPhone5-formatted screenshot.

7. ildandi thread starter macrumors newbie