iPhone 5 immune to bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nightlong, Feb 25, 2013.

1. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Anyone else having a problem with this? I hadn't used Bluetooth on my iPhone 5 until this weekend when I'd downloaded Instashare and was testing this with phone, iPads, and MBA. Instashare is a nice simple app for transferring files via wifi or Bluetooth.
    Ipad4 dropped in and out, ipad2 was rock solid connecting with everything, the MBA also. iPhone was hopeless. I tried to pair it with MBA with Bluetooth, MBA said it paired successfully, iPhone couldn't connect and said "not supported, forget this device."

So, I switched Bluetooth off on everything else, and tried to pair iPhone with apple wireless keyboard. It couldn't even find the keyboard, so it seems Bluetooth doesn't work at all on my phone. I will ring apple this week, but wondering if anyone else is having such problems, so I can try to figure out if it is an OS or hardware issue. I'm running latest OS on the phone (and on iPads).

Also, since last OS update, ipad4 won't connect with Logitech k760 wireless keyboard - it did before - but it does still connect with apple wireless keyboard. Ipad2 still connects with both, and has same OS.

So ... It's confusing.

2. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Sorry for the bump but .... 914 have viewed this and no responses. Does that mean no one else having any Bluetooth issues with their iPhone and so it is a flaw in my phone, not the OS update. As I said, my ipad4 having some issues too, since the update, but iPad2 is not, and so ... Will call Apple tomorrow and will post the result.

3. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Mine was messed with jailbreak. I cannot connect to my BMW with idrive. Solution is download safemode on cydia. Put in safemode and connect to the device you want to connect

4. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Mine isn't jail broken. Sorted it all today with Apple. It was a combination of resetting network on both iPhone and ipad4, resetting Bluetooth keyboards, and me learning that iPhone only pairs with iPads or macs via apps that allow that.