Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

mrmarkmitch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
I'm a newbie by many means and just realized after getting my new phone that allowing to upgrade to 6.1.3 from 6.1.2 (original one it came with) was a stupid stupid mistake if I ever want to jailbreak it no?

I'm NOW :shrugs: up to speed on the recent evasion, firmware itunes .ipsw, redsnow and have jailbroke a phone before but Im not expert..

Basic question is can I force the firmware downgrade from 6.1.3 to an earlier one on my iphone 5?? I downloaded the right .ipsw file too but itunes won't let me downgrade. Ideas?

(It's att if that matter in any case..)

Thanks!

-Mark

alo001

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2013
tethered jailbreak

i have an iphone 3gs and redsnow 0.9.15b3 is working on 6.1.3 cant say about other devices but its tethered and some thing is better then nothing

good luck guys:)

Comment

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
i have an iphone 3gs and redsnow 0.9.15b3 is working on 6.1.3 cant say about other devices but its tethered and some thing is better then nothing

good luck guys:)

Good catch....

The 3GS an A4 device are always able to tether JB due to the bootrom exploit.
The rest is SOL for now.

Comment

nanolife

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
Pasadena
I'm a newbie by many means and just realized after getting my new phone that allowing to upgrade to 6.1.3 from 6.1.2 (original one it came with) was a stupid stupid mistake if I ever want to jailbreak it no?

I'm NOW :shrugs: up to speed on the recent evasion, firmware itunes .ipsw, redsnow and have jailbroke a phone before but Im not expert..

Basic question is can I force the firmware downgrade from 6.1.3 to an earlier one on my iphone 5?? I downloaded the right .ipsw file too but itunes won't let me downgrade. Ideas?

(It's att if that matter in any case..)

Thanks!

-Mark

I would just return it and buy another one somewhere else. The chances you get IOS 6.0-6.1 again is still huge!

Comment

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
I just brought mine to the apple store for an exchange and the one they gave me came with 6.0.2 so I kept my iPhone 5. I was hoping it would have at least came with 6.1 or 6.1.2.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.