iPhone Iphone 5 IOS 6.1 Commcenter Patch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by la79, Feb 5, 2013.

1. la79 macrumors regular

la79

Has anyone heard or seen if there is a Commcenter Patch for IOS 6.1 for the Iphone 5? Since the jailbreak is fresh I was wondering if someone has come across it.

I want to edit my carrier.plist settings to enable tethering.:cool:

2. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

Have you tried TetherMe?

3. la79 thread starter macrumors regular

la79

Haven't tried it yet. I used to just patch commcenter and then edit the carrier.plist. When I edited the APNs I was able to hide it without AT&T knowing. That way I didn't need to purchase a separate app (MyWi, Tetherme, PDAnet etc.)

I discovered that the commcenter has been patched in another thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=984943&page=13

But editing the carrier.plist is different now for the Iphone 5. Would be interested in finding out if anyone as figured out how....

4. justinxtreme macrumors newbie

justinxtreme

The Commcenter Patch for iOS 5+ has been updated to work on the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1.

You can get it on the repo v.backspace.jp/repo

I'm trying to flash my Verizon iPhone 5 and Sprint iPhone 5 to Page Plus so I'm seeing if this can help me AT LEAST flash the PRL.

5. rodolfo7171 macrumors newbie

i got the commcenter patch on my iphone 5 and any modifications i do to the carrier.plist does not show but it does save.

6. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Although I am using Tetherme, what are the required APNs so I don't have issues with ATT?

7. 4004, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

4004 macrumors member

Well I tried editing the carrier.plist right from the phone and as a result mobile data stopped working. Is that because I didn't have a commcenter patch? Does editing the plist automatically void it's signature?
    Upd: installed commcenter patch, now can't get the 3G toggle to appear. Strange

8. declandio macrumors 6502

I still haven't tried this on iPhone 5 but when I used to do it on iPhone 4 (iOS 5), the carrier file that I had to edit was located in /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/

... which is a different location to what is mentioned in some tutorials you might be reading.

Also- I recall having to reset network settings 2-3 times in a row to get the hack to work

9. 4004 macrumors member

This location is used for updated carrier bundles I suppose. It also has an Overlay folder, to plists in which I used to make changes that worked. Now nothing works though

10. dwoodland, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

dwoodland macrumors newbie

I found this blog post http://www.applecrunchblog.com/?p=155 and was able to get tethering working w/ iOS 6.1 on my ip5 ATT. I did have to dink around w/ resetting network settings a few times though...