iPhone iPhone 5, iOS 6 Data/LTE crashes

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by phr0ze, Dec 19, 2012.

1. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

I'm certain this never happened with my 4S, but I want to know if others have noticed this.

2-3 times a day, I have Bars and it says AT&T but I don't have LTE/4G/or any G. When I try to access data, it seems to 'restart' the cellular service and moments later I'm back online.

This is new to me. Just trying to find out if its happening to others before I try to claim warranty on my launch day iphone 5. In other words, is it iOS, hardware, or bizarre coincidences.

2. frito1224 macrumors regular

Mine does this almost everyday seems to lose service for about a Minute then come's right back(mine only seems to do this once a day though)

3. spacehog371 macrumors regular

Mine does this all the time. Except it doesn't restart... I have to airplane mode on and off.

4. phr0ze thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. rocat1997 macrumors regular

I've been having mine lose data and I have to turn off the phone and back on to regain it back..

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

i've been having this issue for the past few days on my 4s. In fact it just happened about 5 minutes ago, and came back saying i had 4 bars and 4G

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Glad I'm not the only one. This has been driving me nuts. Sometimes the phone will show AT&T with full bars but does not have a connection... going into airplane mode and back online again seems to clear it. I'm not sure if the problem is AT&T, LTE, or the iPhone 5.

What's particularly odd is that my wife, on the same network does not have the problem with her iPhone 5... sometimes I'm not connected and internet on hers is working fine over 4G or LTE.

8. emt1 macrumors 65816

This has also been happening to me recently. iPhone 5, AT&T LTE in the Milwaukee area.

9. ingiro22 macrumors newbie

iphone 5 LTe data problems

My phone does this several times per day. At first I was turning the phone on and off, tried a restart, now I just go into setting and turn the LTE off and back on or leave it off. What a joke! (and I am a huge apple fan) It's at&t you say, then apple and at&t need to come up with a fix.

10. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

Apple replaced my iPhone 5 for the exact same behavior. My wife's iPhone 5 never has this issue and we took plenty of screen shots at the exact same time and location showing no signal on my iPhone 5. Oddly enough the issue has returned to the new phone. I'm leaning towards my SIM card or my company's MDM solution.

11. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Most Likely a sim issue, or the carrier doesn't have your phone configured correctly.

12. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Apps Crash While on Speaker

When home or in a private area, i tend to use speakerphone while checking updates on pulse or twitter. While doing this my apps tend to crash. Maybe once or twice a session. I thought I just needed to restart the app. It would work fine until the next call. Could this be an LTE call issue. The apps do not crash when i'm off the phone. Anyone else have this issue?

13. ftorrez macrumors newbie

I had the same issues for the past week. I went to a AT&T store and they recommended replacing my SIM card. After that its been a few days now and it has been working perfectly.

14. jamesnajera macrumors 6502

This happens to me in the San Diego area on AT&T. I am wondering if it is a hardware error with the Qualcomm chip.