iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 wifi issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wjleong, Apr 29, 2014.

1. wjleong macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Anybody experience the same when connected to wifi, and on the home screen only, wifi is keep loading, but I don't know what apps is running or sending data.

I initially noticed this issue on iOS 7.1, but do clean upgrade (download full using iTunes and restore from backup) to iOS 7.1.1, even worse, because in mobile data used to be ok, but after upgraded to iOS 7.1.1 appear the same as connected to wifi.

any idea?

non-jailbreak model, iOS 7.1.1.

Attached Files:

2. Etiene macrumors regular

I've had a similar problem on 5s. The wifi says it's connected but will often be unable to load anything, with the little roundel thing whizzing away. Using speedtest right next to my Girlfriend's 5 would give fails for me and good results for her, so it wasn't the router. Happened on multiple networks too.

I went through all the recommended steps (wiping the wifi settings, rebooting phone, wifi etc) but hadn't had time to restore phone when I went into Apple Store. Genius said since I'd tried lots of stuff it was easiest to replace the handset, but it appears to be happening again now I've restored from backup. Not quite as bad now - turning wifi of and on again mostly sorts it, but it's looking increasingly like I'm going to need to set up as new for the first time since 2009 :(

3. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie

my wifi was connected and no problem, just sometime when return to home screen, it begin loading don't know what, and never end, even I tried backup to iCloud (I thought it was a bug to backup to iCloud when phone was not in screen locked mode), or leave the screen never locked and kept for few hours with power plug, it still loading and loading.

with dataman monitoring apps, few hundred mb via wifi, but don't know what it ran at background.

rang apple support, but since it was carrier set, have to back to support, but warranty already gone 3 months ago, they refused to help.

tension with this problem...

any expert can help to find out what apps actually running background to load the wifi?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

5. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie

tried, still the same problem happen...

any idea why and what it loading?

6. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Change the DNS server. I was having issues on my MBP. And I changed and then did the same thing on my iphone and it's much faster

7. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie

it's not about the dns or the speed or surfing.

it's about wifi loading don't know what on background.

8. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Do you use apple weather? and let it show in the notification pull down? do you use location set reminders?
    and under wifi does it say notify about wifi spots?

9. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie

I use apple weather, but not always open, and I did not let it show in the notification.

I use reminder, but never set location for reminder.

If set location, only gps signal shown, not keep loading the wifi as I wrote in first post.

what do you mean by notify about wifi spots? :confused:

10. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I noticited the same thing today but I was on LTE. I restarted and went back to normal. Not sure what's going on maybe a bug

11. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie

Everytime this happened, I had to restart or soft reset, but it reoccurred and even when I left it for hours, it still keep loading...

stress with this issue... :(

12. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

In your original post you said you restored your backup. Try restoring and setting up as new instead.

13. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, that was 7.1.1

in 7.1, I set up as new one and did not restore backup.

14. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

There is a million other threads about this. Do a simple forum search.

15. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie

I did but unfortunately I found no similar issue.

Can you please kindly help me to point out those thread?

Much appreciate it.

16. wjleong thread starter macrumors newbie