Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Hey,

So the other day i was talking on the phone and suddenly my screen went black. I was confused until it rebooted in safe mode, phone call still active. After several experiences, I have found out what is happening. If I am in a phone call, and I receive an email or text, my phone will go into safe mode. Any idea what is causing this?

I will upload a list of tweaks installed when I get the chance. Till then you will have to just ask and I will answer.

Thanks!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hey,

So the other day i was talking on the phone and suddenly my screen went black. I was confused until it rebooted in safe mode, phone call still active. After several experiences, I have found out what is happening. If I am in a phone call, and I receive an email or text, my phone will go into safe mode. Any idea what is causing this?

I will upload a list of tweaks installed when I get the chance. Till then you will have to just ask and I will answer.

Thanks!

try installing crash reporter from cydia and look at the crash log and see if it says which thread crashed and inside that crashed thread, is there any tweak that you recognize you've installed from cydia?

that usually helps with narrowing down which tweak(s) might be causing the crash

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I've had this happen twice now under current JB. Since I have ISX with old fashion TV lock effect turned on, I was able to see that what is happening to me is that the screen is locking by itself. No amount or combination of button presses will unlock it yet the phone call continues.

I finally got in by inserting a headphone jack which unlocked the phone.

poorboy8u

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2008
I ended up having to remove no slow animations from my 5 and 5c and the problem went away.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
try installing crash reporter from cydia and look at the crash log and see if it says which thread crashed and inside that crashed thread, is there any tweak that you recognize you've installed from cydia?

that usually helps with narrowing down which tweak(s) might be causing the crash

What exactly am I looking for? Never understood these files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.