iPhone 5 - iOS 8.2 Strange Text Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by biggrim, Mar 12, 2015.

1. biggrim macrumors member

Hi there,
    updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.2 on Monday and everything worked fine. Last night I noticed I couldn't send any text messages. I could receive them ok and I'm able to send and receive iMessages ok but no texts.

Reset the phone - no change.
    Left it to this morning and reset the phone - text sending functionality has returned.

Almost.

There is one number in my phone that I am still unable to send a text message to. I can receive from them and I can call the number ok, I just can't text.

I've done another reset, taken out and cleaned the sim card, airplane mode on and off, manually select network, automatically select network, reset all network settings and still no luck.

The number isn't in my blocked numbers list and everything else seems ok. I've been on the phone to my carrier (Virgin UK) and they are stumped although they are calling me back later this evening.

Has/is anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it has problem sending texts only to that number then it might be a carrier issue or just that subscriber maybe had his number registered with imessage using an iphone and then switched devices and maybe for his number is still trying to send as imessage and fails.
    If that's the problem tell that person to go here and remove his number from imessage association if he's not using an iphone any more.
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

3. biggrim thread starter macrumors member

I'll get him to try that. Thanks for the tip Applejuiced.