iPhone 5 + iOS 9

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by EsTriFee, Oct 9, 2015.

1. EsTriFee macrumors newbie

So ever since iOS 9 my phone's battery life has dropped,get some delay on reaction from the phone (used to be able to swipe to unlock and start entering password straight away, where as now the first digit never registers) and lately it starts to do weird glitches which are only fixed by a restart of the phone.

The two I've encountered so far:
    - Internet not loading. Worked fine for most of the day and then when I was going home it showed full 3G signal however none of the apps or safari loaded anything off the internet. Turning cellular on and off, airplane mode, etc. didn't help. After a restart it connected right away.
    - Touch screen stopped working. Today when I was going home the touch screen suddenly stopped responding as I was trying to press the skip track button on the lock screen. I could see the screen however no touch input registered. A hard reset made it all work again.

Now I do use my phone a lot during the day and charge it pretty scarcely during the day when I get to a computer. So charge times are like 1hour at most after which I unplug to charge it again at some later point. It is also left to charge fully during the night. The battery percentage indicator is also not really that accurate or maybe iOS 9 changed how much battery it leaves for a safe shutdown? since now it could shutdown anywhere between 1-15 %.

Anyone experiencing any similar issues? I've read a lot of good things about 9.1 beta, would giving that a try might help with these problems?

Would preferably try to get this fixed without any content wipe on the phone.

2. Sea Bass macrumors regular

Sea Bass

I've been seeing the lock screen glitch too. The first number doesn't register. When I click on a second number it usually registers twice. Then clicking delete doesn't work unless I click it several times.

And yesterday I had a similar issue with the Internet. I was connected to Wi-Fi when suddenly it disconnected and switched to 3G. Nothing would load, it eventually resolved after a few minutes but it was an annoying bug.