iPhone iPhone 5 iOS7 Camera Hacks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Menneisyys2, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Let's collect our iOS7 hacking experience here before it becomes too risky to hack around (read: Apple make it impossible to restore).

I'm mostly interested in enabling

- the auto/variable-exposure panorama mode of the 5s on other devices

- the slow-motion menu and the slow-mo-capable editor on the 5s

The latter may entirely be 64-bit but the former may still be just a simple plist entry...

2. Menneisyys2 thread starter macrumors 603

Could anyone post a full ZIP'ed /System/Library/Frameworks/MediaToolbox.framework/N42/ directory from the 5s? If there's no "N42" subdirectroy at the given path, there will be something NXX still, where XX stands for a two-digit number. (You could zip up the entire parent, that is, /System/Library/Frameworks/MediaToolbox.framework/ too if you don't find the directory - it doesn't have any sensitive info specific to your iPhone.)

I'd need it so that I can compare it to that of the iPhone 5 to find out whether it's possible to enable some of the 5s-only camera features on other devices.

For example, in CameraSetup.plist, the entries under TuningParameters>PortTypeBack>0x0149:

panoramaAEIntegrationTimeForUnityGainToMinGainTransition
    panoramaMaxIntegrationTime

are pretty interesting, auto exposure in panorama mode-wise.

Note: I've made available the zip'ed N42 directory at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81986513/122013/14UIwebView/N42.zip - feel free to check it out, should you want to take a look at it.