Iphone 5/iOS7 Google search issues

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SecretlySavage, Sep 26, 2013.

1. SecretlySavage macrumors newbie

First problem is that while using Google image search the borders for web address on top and the control bar on the bottom are always shown which decreases the viewable screen by 1/3 as you can see in the first photo.

Second issue started this morning which is also google images related. The images are opened more like a desktop version and don't allow you to scroll through the other photos from the search result which forces you to have to click back and forth between specific images and the search results.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

I'm a contractor and I do a lot of image searches to show things to clients and these flaws definitely reduce the ease of use.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

That's not the phone or os. Its google which changed it. Did you even try this in a desktop browser before creating a topic ?

3. SecretlySavage thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah but the desktop version has never allowed image scrolling whereas my phone did until this morning. Also what does the desktop version have to do with the border issue? I appreciate the response but maybe try to be a little less of an ass about it. I searched thoroughly before posting and found no mention of these issues which is why I asked the question.

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I recommend the google search app.

5. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

The desktop version allowed scrolling

http://images.seroundtable.com/google-image-search-new-interface-1358516501.jpg

6. SecretlySavage thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok awesome problem solved. Thanks for the tip

7. testcard, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I'm having the same problem on my iPad tonight - search results in Google Images no longer allows scrolling. Instead selecting an image brings that single image almost full screen.

Edit: What I should have said is that I can no longer swipe from image to image horizontally in Google Images. If I select an image in the page view, it simply jumps to that single image. This happened after updating to 7.0.2. Strange.

8. Purex macrumors member

Im having the same problem. Since the 7.0.2 update, when i do a Google Image search, and click on a image, i can no longer, swype to next image, continuosly as before. I have to go back and choose another one ?!

Anyone else can confirm it ?

9. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Yes, it seems to be a known issue and is being discussed on a Google forum. Seems to be a server-side issue rather than iOS7 related. At least I hope so.

10. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

The new look Google search page seems to have fixed the problem, at least on my iPad. In Image Search I can swipe images horizontally. Still not working on iPhone though.