iPhone 5 is the screen protector that comes with it is as

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Oct 6, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

good as one that someone buys separately?
    But I am saying the plastic thingy that comes with it out of the box already put in. Am I making sense?

2. CatsTide macrumors 6502

It's not meant to stay on...only to protect during shipping. Any after market protector will be better.

3. urkel macrumors 68030

My wife does that on the first few days while she waits for a real screen guard. It drives me nuts because it feels terrible and is meant primarily just for shipping it. So, no, I dont think you should use that.

There are incredible deals right now on screen guards so just buy a set if you're really worried. But for me I go without a screen protector because the glass now is so scratch resistant that I feel its unnecessary.

Edit: Screen Guard Deal
    XtremeGuardz 85% off 2 or more
    coupon codes:
    85off2 (85% off 2 items)
    80off3 (80% off 3 items)

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Used one with my 4s for about a week. Took it off. None of our 4 phones have them. Doing just fine.

5. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Not to mention that you can't use the phone because the ear piece is covered up and the home button would be a pain to use. Grab a proper protector asap.

6. Anajaf27 macrumors regular

I only kept the one on the back as a temporary protection til I can find a back screen protector

7. jekjones1558, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

I went naked with my iPhone 4 and ended up with a couple of very light scratches that bothered me, even though I am not hard on my phones. So I used the shipping screen protector on my 5 for a few days after launch until my Spigen screen protector was delivered even though it was a pain in the neck. It is hard to tell the Spigen is on there. I won't be going without one in the future.

8. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I kept my back one on even though its inside an ACase.