iPhone 5 -- Issue with wifi connectivity

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by srimaya, Oct 11, 2012.

1. srimaya macrumors newbie

Hi Geeks,

Last week I bought two iPhone 5. I connected both the phones to my home wifi netword. One phone is working fine. However, the 2nd phone is not defaulted to my home wifi. Every time it goes to sleep mode, I need to reconnect to my home wifi network again. It works fine as long as it is in wake up mode.

Initially I though it's problem with iPhone 5. So, went to Apple store and told them the problem and with great magnanimity they replaced the iPhone with a new one. Even I'm facing the same problem with the new iPhone 5 as well. Not sure what's the problem. Is it an issue with iOS 6?
    Appreciate your response on this.

Note: My old iPhone 4 was working fine with the same wifi network. Even one iPhone 5 is working fine with the same wifi network.

Regards,
    Srimaya Rath

2. 314631, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012

314631 macrumors 6502a

Are you restoring the device from a backup of an older device? Have you tried wiping the device clean and starting from scratch? Even though I know you're testing on a factory restored device that should in theory be perfect. It's possible something may have gone wrong when the software was loaded on the device.

I know I've experienced issues like this on devices I've upgraded. Wiping the device clean again and starting from scratch (without restoring any backup data) was the only way I resolved the problems.

3. srimaya thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

No.. am not restoring the device from any backup..
    My friend has an iPhone 4S. Recently he has upgraded to iOS 6. Even his phone is not defaulted to my home network wifi. It was working fine when it was iOS 5. So, thinking.. is it an issue with iOS 6?

Thanks!

4. ReValveiT macrumors regular

I had exactly the same problem when I updated my i4 to IOS6, so it's gotta be an IOS6 problem IMO.

I could only sort the problem by renaming my router since the 'forget this network' option had completely vanished from my iPhones WIFI options.

I since discovered that you can reset all network settings on the iPhone. Might be worth a try. It's under the 'reset' option in settings.

5. rdinterman macrumors member

rdinterman

Wi-Fi

I have two iPhone 5's and they both have the same issue outside the house. My daughter with her wi-fi in her dorm, and me when I am traveling. Generally connecting to wi-fi at Hampton Inns (which is provided by AT&T). Each time the phone goes to sleep you have to reauthorize the phone on the network. I did not have this issue with previous phones (3GS and 4S).
    It's a pain!

6. srimaya thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Yup.. I renamed my router and it worked.
    Thanks!