iPhone 5 issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by barrett14, Nov 13, 2013.

1. barrett14 macrumors regular

My mom is claiming that her iPhone 5 is making phantom calls when she isn't around, and also that the button on the top of the phone only works some of the time. She had her phone replaced several months ago for the same issue.

She brought it into an apple store today and the guy told her that it was a "software" issue and that it will continue to happen as long as she has the iPhone 5 and she needs to upgrade to the 5S (currently out of warranty for another new phone).

This sounds like COMPLETE BS to me......... I am going to go back to the Apple store with her tomorrow to figure this out, but I was thinking American Express could replace the phone because I know they offer a 1 year warranty on top and after the manufacture warranty. What do you guys think may be going on here?

Thanks in advance

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean by phantom calls? What exactly happens and where is the phone at that time?

As for the lock button (on top), there are definitely people that seemed to have noticed this even before iOS 7, but perhaps more with iOS 7. But, there are many (more) that don't have this issue. So, it's not really a software issue, at least not one that affects all phones somehow.

3. barrett14 thread starter macrumors regular

Phantom Calls: She said that she was working out the other day and when she got done, she looked at her phone and it had called someone in the middle of her workout. I would say this is a "butt" dial but she didn't have the phone in her possession for the hour she was in her class... She said this isn't the first time its done this.

Unrelated: My phone has died a few times recently without showing that the battery is dead... kind of annoying.