iPhone 5 just delayed?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TallGuy1970, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

From a (cough) different (cough) Mac website:
    Sources have reportedly confirmed that there are indeed two new models of Apple’s iPhone on their way: one of which will be a cheaper version of the iPhone 4, and the other a fancy new iPhone 5. However, thanks to production delays with at least one assembler, the best one may not arrive until 2012.

(another site) reports that in addition to that much-anticipated iPhone 5, Apple will be launching a cheaper model of the iPhone 4 as previously rumored. The device will look identical to the existing iPhone 4, but will be “priced aggressively” and offered on both prepaid and post-paid plans.

Unfortunately, the report doesn’t offer any other information on how this device is different to today’s iPhone 4, but it does say the device is being produced in big numbers, with Apple hoping to have “10+ million of these things on hand for launch.”

But who cares about the iPhone 4? It’s been here for 15 months already? What we’re interested in is the iPhone 5, but according to (the other site), there are concerns it will not arrive until 2012:

It appears that the tear-drop shaped iPhone 5 with larger screen and thinner, rounder body is seeing continued design and production delays, at least on one assembly line (Apple has multiple production sources – Pegatron, Foxconn, etc). We therefore think that iPhone 5 will be delayed slightly at the very least and may see shortages all the way into 2012.

The iPhone 5 itself is a sight to behold, we’ve been told. It is impossibly light, yet much firmer than Samsung Galaxy phones which are backed in plastic. The camera rivals point and shoot cameras and will be a major marketing point for this device.

An early 2012 launch will undoubtedly be a huge disappointment to the vast majority of our readers. We’ve been drowned in rumors surrounding the iPhone 5 for most of this year, and we’re all dying to know what it’s going to look like, and what’s it’s going to be capable of.

2. kid0 macrumors member

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Eh, I think we've entered the phase where people are throwing guesses at the wall hoping that by chance their "prediction" ends up being right so they can claim that they really knew something.

We are only a few days away from hearing the real deal from the only source that truly knows. Speculation and such is fun, but I'm not going to panic until we hear from Tim Cook.

4. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Wouldnt doubt they would do somthing like this to A: buy time perfecting the iPhone 5, and B: get all of the carriers on the same "new" iphone release schedule.

I will wait till the 5 comes out regardless..

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

6. aohus macrumors 68000

7. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

This is old and the keyword is may. Meaning they don't know ****.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Not ANOTHER thread.

There will be two models.

There will only be one model.

9. TallGuy1970 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry to offend Oh Mighty One! I quite obviously copied this from another site and even said so in my first sentence!

I found it on cultofmac.com and yes, I think they were referencing an article on 9to5mac. I apologize for using the Internet to actually share information. Some of us don't spend every waking moment on MR and may not have seen this rumor. :p

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

You mean you apologize for reposting information that has already been posted on hundreds of times before.

11. shandyman Suspended

no-one minds sharing when it's something new, but as pointed out, this is already being discussed on the forum, you shoulda used the search function really :p

12. aohus macrumors 68000

just source your material. that's rule 101 whether on internet or offline. not trying to be hard on anyone.

13. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Get your head out of the clouds TallGuy1970, this is old

14. TallGuy1970 thread starter macrumors 6502

Like I said, "Some of us don't spend every waking moment on MR and may not have seen this rumor. "

Thanks to some of you for treating me so kindly (he said dripping with sarcasm).

15. shandyman Suspended

yea, that's why you should use the search function first........... :p

16. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

why would they be making almost 10+ million iphone 4 that are just a tiny upgrade from the 4 thats out now, i dont think there is 10+ million people that are you looking for almost the same thing as iphone 4 everyone wants something new, apple would lose money if that were the case. chances are it will be 8gb anyways another thing people that want the newest device will not like

17. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Well, the N90A is the 8GB cheaper iPhone 4 in black and white models.

And the N94 is the new spec iPhone 5 (or iPhone 4S, a name which pisses me off because the media created it and it caught on).

18. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

exactly if the phone was being delayed they wouldn't put it into there inventory

19. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Can someone please explain to me in a breif but to-the-point manner why people insist on carrying on these discussions in new threads when it's been stated (usually with anger) that a discussion is already underway elsewhere?

I'm not trolling your conversation. I'm really asking. Does it make it easier to keep track of the conversation if it's split off from the main discussion?

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.