Iphone 5 keeps disconnecting from charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AlamoJetWhiskey, Oct 3, 2012.

1. AlamoJetWhiskey macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I've done a little searching on this problem with no luck.

The first couple nights this did not happen, just started last night and this morning.

When my phone is plugged into the lightning charger (ac adapter into the wall) about every 5-10 minutes it makes the sound like it was just plugged in and the screen turns on. This is incredibly annoying when trying to sleep. I tried replugging it back in, flipping the lightning adapter with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? I was gonna test it out a little more when I'm home from work later and if no luck, I guess goto the apple store with it.

Thanks!

2. mybrown macrumors newbie

me too

I've noticed this on my device too. But it doesn't disconnect on its own (not yet anyway). Only when i'm holding my phone and if i touch the adapter.
    After a three or four times of connecting and reconnecting, itunes promps me to restore my phone O_O so i unplugged it right away.
    if its doing that on its own, i think you should take it to apple. maybe they'll get you a new if one if you have apple care?

3. jimbentley macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 disconnects from charger and itunes

I am having the same problem. My new iphone 5 disconnects about every 5 minutes when plugged into the charger or via USB to the PC with Itunes. I did go back and got a new phone, which is doing the same thing.

I have confirmed this using both the iphone and ipad charger and on my pc using several different USB ports. This leads me to conclude that it is a setting or app on the phone. My son got an iphone 5 at the same time without experiencing this problem.

Any ideas on how to figure out what to do next?