Iphone 5 keeps loosing network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kmacks27, Sep 23, 2012.

1. kmacks27 macrumors newbie

Well I got my Iphone 5 32 gig on the 21st. I'm on AT&T network the phone keeps loosing the signal it goes from searching to No Service. I have reset network settings and reset all settings. What else could I possibly do to correct this issue. My 4S never had this issue. Any help please.

2. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

Same here. I'm guessing you may have LTE turned on and are in a fringe LTE area. AT&T LTE maps are not accurate at all, shows I'm in blanketed LTE area but when actually out and about, the LTE coverage is non-existent.

The connection is much more reliable when I turn off LTE.

3. kmacks27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I'll try and turn off LTE and see if it gets any better thanks.

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Yeah, same thing happens to me. It's weird, when my iPhone loses connection my iPad is still showing 1 bar of LTE, but other times my iPad is showing 1 or 2 bars and my iPhone is showing 3 or 4 bars. Seems the iPhone has better reception overall, but the iPad is better at holding on to a low signal.

5. kmacks27 thread starter macrumors newbie

That solved the problem thanks.

6. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

I don't know about you, but whenever my phone's network is loose, I just tighten up the network belt a few notches. Works every time!

7. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

Check the thread I started here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1450043

Same exact thing was happening to me, but not to my wife's phone. We both got new i5's Friday. Even when turning off LTE it was still constantly searching/no service. I took it into ATT today and got a new sim card and it actually fixed the problem.

We watched the phone do it in store 10 times and then put in the new sim card and voila. So far so good.

8. islesguy81 macrumors newbie

I'm over in long island NY having the same problem went to AT&T they swapped out the sim card and said if that didn't help that its the phone i have a feeling its a hardware problem your best bet is to go to the apple store and have a genius check it out they'll probably give you a new phone i'm going next week so i'll let you know