Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcooln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Florida
hi, i have my iphone for about a month already. However, from yesterday till now, my phone keep say no sim install. I have to turn the phone off and on back to get signal. then it last about couple hours, then it back to no sim install again. I tried to reset the phone, but the issue still occur. so is it the hardware issue, i went to tmobile and get a new sim card too. plz help

bcooln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Florida
last time i have problem, i went to apple store, they told me i have tmobile, so they can't help me. so i don't know should i tried to go the again, the closet apple store from me is 90 minutes away

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
last time i have problem, i went to apple store, they told me i have tmobile, so they can't help me. so i don't know should i tried to go the again, the closet apple store from me is 90 minutes away

That's complete ******** (I've run into it too though) because they're servicing your phone, not the ****ing plan you're on. I hate how they pull this crap.

bcooln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Florida
:0 i did personally after my genius "asked the manager flr his approval." Not sure how its goin for the OP

i'm out of luck with these genius. they just let me to have a replacement phone, even though they acknowledge the problem i have. so pretty i have to turn my phone off and one couple times a day now, unless i drop my phone in water and willing to pay 49.99

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
I had this same problem the morning after getting my iPhone 5....No Sim Installed is all it would say. All I did to fix it is pull the sim card out...wipe it off and blow out the sim card slot in the phone with compressed air and then put the card back in. Haven't had a single problem with it since.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Have you tried getting a new SIM card from you carrier?

I had this problem on older iPhone that was jailbroken and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. I was having a problem with prepaid SIM in Brazil. Reseting the network settings would temporarily fix the issue, but for some reason I turned the phone off and popped open the the SIM and pushed it back in place. It fixed the issue. Not sure if that will help you or not.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i had this issue with my iphone 4. it was out of warranty so they replaced it for $150. they acknowledged it was a hardware defect. since youre still under warranty, replacement shouldnt be an issue.

bcooln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Florida
i got a new sim card already. but the problem still occur. i brought it to apple store today and the genius told me, i have tmobile, they don't support tmobile, so can't do anything about it. i guess i will try another apple store this weekend to see what happen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.