iPhone 5 Launch in November?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRobby, Sep 20, 2011.

1. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

I was thinking the reason why there is no invites or mention of any upgrades or launch that it may be too early to do so since Apple may be waiting to be launch in November.

Reason being that the flagship store in NYC, Fifth Avenue is still having its cube redone and isn't due to be completed til November. So since there will be like as always a line there at launch and is one of the most photographed launch sites perhaps for picture sake and media they are waiting for the cube to be completed so the pictures of the line look better for the media.

What you think?

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Nope, that's just too unreasonable IMO. October or bust!

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

The iphone is a worldwide phone so I doubt they would wait based on 1 city.

4. vebs macrumors regular

They aren't going to delay the launch just for one store, it's a global business. It's not a location that people are interested in, it's the product.

5. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

I understand it is "one"store however like you said it is a global launch however, when it comes to the media this "one" store" is the most photographed at product launches shown all over the world.So to make the greater impression with the worldwide media and sales it may be better to wait for better photographs.

Like they say appearance is everything.

6. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

No.

New York is not the only city that the iPhone will be sold at!

7. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

New York is not the center of the universe, more like the butthole. So that's a no.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

More reason for me to believe that all these openings are timed to happen in time for the launch.

We're close.

9. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Wrong!!

If you read the article toward the end it states:

The $6.7 million project is expected to be completed by November, but Tuesday's events could be a sign that the construction is ahead of schedule. Apple is working to replace the 32-foot glass cube that serves as the entrance to its Fifth Avenue retail store, replacing the previous design of 90 glass panes with 15 larger, seamless panes.

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You conveniently ignored....

11. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Looks like this is the only thing Apple has going that's ahead of schedule. Good for them.

12. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Newsflash: NYC does not have Apple's "flagship" store. Stop making things up (this is how people believe in stupid lies). Apple does not have one flagship store. Besides, the largest Apple store in the USA is in Boston. The largest Apple store in the world is in London. Nothing makes the NYC Apple stores special.

Also, the first Apple store on the east coast was in Virginia just outside of Washington DC! I'd rather prefer to call that store as a "flagship" store.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I am so glad that there is no source and I don't have to worry about it right now. :)

14. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Wait! I think I decoded the secret message of when the iPhone 5 will be out!

:D

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

The fact that Steve Jobs paid for and owns the cube makes me reject your opinion on this subject. Sure, there are other flagship stores now, but the 5th Ave store was iconic and very important to Apple when they opened it and I'm fairly certain it still holds quite a bit of value to the company. It's not just any Apple store.

On that note, I don't think Apple would delay a release due to the construction dates of that store. But I wouldn't be surprised if Apple scheduled the store's overhaul to be completed before the launch. Just as I'm also thinking that these other store openings all happening within days of each other is not a coincidence.

16. mattburles macrumors regular

the only way I see a november release would be if we have more than one GM Build for example.. iOS 5 GM and than iOS 5.0.1 GM.. that could delay iOS 5 release and iPhone 5 release.

17. Ayman250 macrumors member

Ayman250

Nah, Apple realizes as well as anybody that its October or Cya for a lot of people. It would also be a slap in the face (as if it hasn't been already) for all the iPhone 3gs owners who purchased on launch. Im no sprint waiting to see if i'll be getting my hands on it or not!!

18. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

The hardware is not going to wait for the software. They have a deadline by when the software must be done and what doesn't make it in will be released in a patch/update.

19. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Absolutely not! :eek:

Apple waited far too long if it's not released in early October.

20. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

So...we shall wait on the almighty cube, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Apple is waiting on the cube! [​IMG]