iPhone 5 leak in Battlefield Trailer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antster94, Oct 1, 2011.

1. antster94, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

2. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

3. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

The screen is definitely bigger than an iPhone 4.

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

How would a virtual phone in a video game possibly be the real thing? :confused:

I could understand if a real person was holding an actual iPhone 5 but c'mon... it's simply a digital image of a phone for a computer game (A bad image at that :p)

5. antster94, Oct 1, 2011

antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Yes, but it suggests that it is going to have a larger screen. This trailer is going to stay up for a while, so I imagine EA wanted to have the latest phone in the trailer.

I've compared that digital image to an iPhone 4, and it looks the same but with slightly larger dimensions and a larger screen. So the case is updated, but not redesigned. This would fit with all the rumours of it being a 4S and not a 5.

6. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

It proves nothing.

7. cward0715 macrumors regular

Sorry but this proves nothing. You think Battlefield went to Apple and said, hey we're making a game trailer that shows iOS integration, mind if we peek at the newest unreleased iPhone so we can feature it in the trailer for 3 seconds? Thanks.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Ah... a trickster ;)

Nothing to see here boys unless you want to be trolled :p

9. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Ok I meant suggests, not proves.

Jesus, thought this was a rumours site.

10. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

:rolleyes:

thats where ill stop reading thank you.

step back from the cloud based apple hyper-field your living on..

----------

it is. What rumors do you have to share?

NONE

11. Hexiii, Oct 1, 2011

Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Is this thrad sarcastic or do you really think it's an iPhone 5?

12. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

This is what a person's reasoning power becomes after playing too much computer games :rolleyes:

13. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Ok so, I saw this video, looked like a different iPhone. So I go on a rumours site, make a thread. I'm not saying it's 100% true, just that the phone is Apple branded and looks different.

14. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

im sorry, but i really didnt see any evidence that it would be the new iPhone.. the entire film clip is obviously computer generated, so it would be a mockup..

15. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I don't get the thread name then.

Btw, has anyone seen the facebook page next to the iPhone too? Looks like someone posted an iPhone 6 design.

16. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Then move on. You do not have to be in this thread. I was just sharing something I saw, and even if there is a 0.01% chance it's true then it is worth posting on a rumours site.

----------

Fail iRiot fails

17. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

It's either just a poor model of the iPhone 4 (bit lazy, c'mon DICE), or they are simply trying to make it look like the app will be available on (their idea of) the next iPhone.

18. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

First off, BF3 ftw. Second, that isn't the next iPhone.

19. UncleMac macrumors newbie

20. shandyman Suspended

you were missing a step there in your workflow, inbetween "saw this video, looked like a different iPhone." and "So I go on a rumours site, make a thread." you missed a step that is "used some common sense and logic to see if it was a valid thought"....

Apple will not go and tell some other company what their new phone looks like before it launches. every reason you have said in the thread about it is just absurd. I may be a bit harsh, but sometimes people need it.

21. 2ndchancephones macrumors regular

anster94....I hate to tell you, but it is hard to post on this forum w/o getting a bunch of smarta$$ remarks from the "vets" of the board. The owners of this forum want people to post here but don't mind when half the responses you get are people just wanting to be rude and not answer questions. I agree with you, if you don't like the thread just don't comment on it...move along.

22. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

:)

23. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

OP you are obviously not very smart. How dare you try to share something on a forum. Outside of the people who posts the same exact posts that we already have on the first page of this place (i.e. the how much will it cost, only an iphone 4s, definitely an iphone 5... etc), I dont understand why people get flamed for sharing something no one else has shared. It's not like the title of the thread states that it IS the new iphone, it asks the question whether it is or not. I have never seen this, and as a nerd who loves both phones and gaming, thanks for sharing. Though I doubt that EA knows anymore about the iP5 then we do.

24. kmanmx macrumors 6502

So either DICE know all about the IP5, or one of there artists decided to not waste his time making the iPhone proportionately accurate.

No points for getting the right answer..

Thanks for sharing. I mean, it's fun never the less. I am here for the same reason every one else is, it's great fun reading all these supposed IP5 leaks and finding the diamonds in the rough.