Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kittycat5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
Hi,

My iphone 5 lock screen button doesn't work and tomm I am going to the app store to fix it. Most likely they will give me a new phone is there a way to save my contacts on my phone? I have this white button on the screen that a girl told me to use to lock the phone, however it doesn't let me screen capture with it how do I remove it?

Anyway to save my contacts?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Hi,

My iphone 5 lock screen button doesn't work and tomm I am going to the app store to fix it. Most likely they will give me a new phone is there a way to save my contacts on my phone? I have this white button on the screen that a girl told me to use to lock the phone, however it doesn't let me screen capture with it how do I remove it?

Anyway to save my contacts?

Back up to iCloud and you'll be good to go.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You should be able to do screen captures and more with it (although you shouldn't need that for contacts anyway): http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-fix-broken-iphone-lock-button-power-buttons-stopped-working-3464222/

Nathaneg

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
The same thing has happened to a few of my friends.. I don't want to generalize, but is this an issue with the 5?

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
I have an iPhone 4s and the same thing happened. I guess this was a known issue with the last few models and for some reason over time the lock button breaks. If they won't fix it, there are some fixes you can try on youtube buy using a piece of paper, it didn't work on my phone, but it did on my friends.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.