iPhone 5 loose home button

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asdfgbg, Mar 31, 2013.

1. asdfgbg macrumors regular

asdfgbg

Hey,
    i noticed that the home button of my new iphone 5 is a little bit loose.
    If you put your thumb on it you can move it a bit.
    On my iphone 4 the home button is pretty firm and you can't move it...:confused:
    Are youre home buttons also moving ?
    :)

2. applejuice99 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 5 and haven't had any problems with the home button going loose, however i had an iPod touch (4th gen) which the home button went loose. I took it back to an apple store where they had a look at it and replaced it, the button was also slightly unresponsive which may have forced them to replace it. if they will not give you a replacement you should be able to repair it. :)

3. asdfgbg thread starter macrumors regular

asdfgbg

@ applejuice99
    Its really bad. I just got that issue with my iP5 and if i bring it back to the shop i may get a worse one.:(

4. asdfgbg thread starter macrumors regular

asdfgbg

5. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I don't have the issue but if it's really bothering you take it back and get a new one. Odds are the new one wont have problems.

6. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

I haven't ran into this issue before, nor have I heard of any other people experiencing this. It may just be a simple defect. Is it really bothersome? Do you think it affects the performance of your phone? If so, then bring it on over to the genius bar and see if you can get a replacement.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are definitely people with home and/or sleep button issues with iPhone 5 and essentially any other iPhone. It certainly happens. If any of the "home" solutions (that are all over the forums here and the web in general) don't help, or don't want to be attempted, then the alternative is to take it to an Apple store and see what they say.

8. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

The power button for the iPhone 5 is definitely something I have heard a lot about. I haven't come across nearly as many issues of iphone 5 home button defects. It certainly is possible though.

Your best bet will be making an appointment at the genius bar. If it is noticeable and annoying, they should fork out a replacement.