iphone 5/mac pc EMAIL glitch??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by majaca, Mar 1, 2014.

1. majaca macrumors member

I have 3 email accounts on my iPhone. Yahoo, Comcast and me.com. The me.com email account is glitching between my iPhone and my mac desktop.

Here's the story. The Comcast account often glitches in that when I send an email from my iPhone, it gives me various and many different error messages. On Thursday night, I was trying to troubleshoot this. I now notice that the me.com email glitch began on Thursday night. I can tell based on comparing my me.com emails that are on my iPhone and NOT on my mac pc. So, I guess I did something.

Can y'all help me here? The current problem is that my iPhone is downloading new emails, but the mac pc is NOT. I have been sitting here in front of the mac, forwarding emails from my iPhone email accounts, (using various ones) TO the me.com account. As I hit send and watch the mac pc 'stamp/email' icon on the bottom of screen, it flashes a '1' as in 1 new email....really FAST and then it disappears. When I go in to the me.com email account on pc then, there is NO new email which there should be! At the same time, my iPhone indicates and shows the new email!

Please help me. This is driving me nuts. If I did something the other night in changing a setting, please someone type in what my me.com email settings should be?

For what it's worth, when I was troubleshooting Thursday night for the glitching Comcast account, I was only doing so on my iPhone, so I don't know why the pc is acting up. Maybe it's something else?

PLEASE HELP ME! thanks!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

What are the error messages? Got any screenshots?

Your post is vague and contains no actionable information to troubleshoot.

3. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

I'd try to take the phone out of the equation

turn the phone off

login to some sort of webmail on your mac (google or Yahoo or hotmail etc)

send a message from there to the me.com account

does that show up in your mac mail and stay there?