Iphone 5 making a noise when I shake it

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hello everyone
I was having some trouble with dropped calls. So,I called apple about and they ran diagnostics on my phone and they had stated that it's my carrier verizon that is dropping calls. Sometimes when people call my cell phone either I don't get a missed call and / or the voicemail that they have left me. I was told by apple to remove and reinsert my sim. Card. Well now I heard a noise coming from. Does this mean that the SIM card is loose?!
My iphone. Does my iphone 5 need to be replaced ?!
Thank you.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Hello everyone
I was having some trouble with dropped calls. So,I called apple about and they ran diagnostics on my phone and they had stated that it's my carrier verizon that is dropping calls. Sometimes when people call my cell phone either I don't get a missed call and / or the voicemail that they have left me. I was told by apple to remove and reinsert my sim. Card. Well now I heard a noise coming from. Does this mean that the SIM card is loose?!
Thank you.
Your SIM card isn't loose. How is your coverage? If you don't have service or your voicemails are getting lost, it may be your carrier.

iPhones can make a slight rattle. I've heard people attribute it to the camera.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Hello everyone
Thank you.
The ending is kind of confusing

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Your SIM card isn't loose. How is your coverage? If you don't have service or your voicemails are getting lost, it may be your carrier.

iPhones can make a slight rattle. I've heard people attribute it to the camera.
Coverage is okay. But it's been better. But lately verizon in the Houston. I've been having dropping calls.the data speed are a little slower since getting my iphone 5 in dec 2012

----------

The ending is kind of confusing
Sorry.

----------

Mine doesn't rattle. It may or may not be connected to your coverage though.
How do I find out if it's connected to my coverage ?!

Thank you

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
No, camera is screwed to the frame with a bracket and two screws. That is not the sound, the sound is most likely the power button, or the vibrator motor. They sound lazy in the 5S for some reason.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
No, camera is screwed to the frame with a bracket and two screws. That is not the sound, the sound is most likely the power button, or the vibrator motor. They sound lazy in the 5S for some reason.

This.

My power button rattles a little, but with a case on the phone it doesn't move so no noise.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
From what I've read, it isn't the camera module rattling, it's the lenses and mechanisms INSIDE the camera module.

Either way, "don't shake your phone" actually works pretty well to fix the problem.

chrisl123

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
Iphone 5 making a noise when I shake it

Don't shake it. See how simple that was.
But what if something's broken inside and could cause the phone to fail? As the old saying goes, prevention is better than cure.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
But what if something's broken inside and could cause the phone to fail? As the old saying goes, prevention is better than cure.
I agree. The SA at Verizon is claiming that it's a manufacturing variance on the item that causes the phone to vibrate.