Resolved iPhone 5 (MD634LL/A) - Verizon Compatibility

AppleGeek1127

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Chicago IL, USA
For the past couple of years, I've been using my iPhone 5 on AT&T. Now that I'm shifting gears over to Verizon, I'm wondering if my phone is still usable for someone else on my plan.

The phone is an A1428 model. If anyone could shed some light on the situation, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

AppleGeek1127

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Chicago IL, USA
Thanks for all the help. I didn't think that it would be compatible. However, this IS the Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 - and the current SIM-Free iPhone 6 does work on all 4 major US carriers.

In addition, I've heard that CDMA iPhones on Verizon are capable of working on T-Mobile - just without LTE.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thanks for all the help. I didn't think that it would be compatible. However, this IS the Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 - and the current SIM-Free iPhone 6 does work on all 4 major US carriers.

In addition, I've heard that CDMA iPhones on Verizon are capable of working on T-Mobile - just without LTE.
The iPhone 6 and the iphone 5 are very different and because the i6 can do it and work on verizon and any gsm carrier your unlocked iphone 5 will NOT work with verizon. Verizon iphones can be used on verizon and any gsm carrier. The unlocked gsm iphone 5 will not go both ways, just GSM access.
But you dont have to believe anyone, try it yourself and see how far you get.