iPhone 5 - Messages Low Signal Killing Battery 8.4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwball, Aug 20, 2015.

1. jwball macrumors regular

Since updating to 8.4.1 my battery life has become dismal.
    When looking at battery usage it shows 55% of battery has been used by Messages Low Signal.

I cannot understand this as I'm not sending loads of messages and the battery has gone from 100% to 38% in 7 hours with 2 hours usage.

I have checked the battery capacity and it's at 1400 mAh out of a possible 1430 mAh so nothing really wrong with the battery as such.

I usually get easily 24 hours of standby with around 5-6 hours of use, but I'm struggling to get 12 hours at present. Has anyone come across this before, I've not moved location and have a perfectly good cellular signal.

2. broadbean macrumors 6502a

Happens to my 5s from time to time. This morning I quit all apps, powered down phone, then did a hard reset for good measure. It's been ok so far, hope it's not a 8.4.1 bug.

3. jwball thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update, I have installed iOS9 beta 3 and the battery life is incredible now. Easily getting 36 hours from a single charge. I checked the battery capacity and it was showing 1400 out of a possible 1430 mAh so it was clearly a 8.4.1 bug that was causing the drain.

4. broadbean macrumors 6502a

Sometimes an incremental 0.0.1 update can't clear the cobwebs like a fresh OS install.