Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Your post is actually where I got it from, I thought it was one of the better ones out there so I posted it here.

It really is one of the better ones. I'm hoping that Apple surprises us with liquid metal or some sort of fine material to substitute the glass, then the iPhone 5 would be as durable as the original, and wouldn't weigh as much.

Which other mock-ups do you like?

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
It really is one of the better ones. I'm hoping that Apple surprises us with liquid metal or some sort of fine material to substitute the glass, then the iPhone 5 would be as durable as the original, and wouldn't weigh as much.

Which other mock-ups do you like?

To be honest the iPhone-4-with-a-bigger-screen ones are growing on me, I'm actually hoping for a flatter back than the 3GS, a perfectly flat back with rounded edges would hit the spot for me, So the iPad 2 back would be ideal. There was another one similar to the TechnoBuffalo one around but I can't seem to find it now. I don't like the idea of a capacitive home button, and I think if the vibrate switch was vertical rather than horizontal would be better. I often find that the switch flicks on and off in my pocket.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I am betting that Samsung will sue Apple as they have plainly copied the Galaxy S2!

Of course, I do not blame them:p

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
As for the design, I partly like it but would rather have a slight gap between the end and the screen, would look nicer and keep the screen less prone to breaking if dropped or so.

Completely agree. Bigger screen with same form factor will be perfect.

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj
As for the design, I partly like it but would rather have a slight gap between the end and the screen, would look nicer and keep the screen less prone to breaking if dropped or so.

Not saying I'm right (because I don't know for sure), but I really don't agree with comments like this. It's the glass that usually breaks when dropped... and it really doesn't matter since the screen is "mated" to the glass anyway...

lunoire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
I took a lot of your suggestions and made an updated version :)

Faded the gradient reflection, increased the space between the display and edge, fixed the position of the front camera/speaker, removed the protruding glass from the side view, fixed height and width dimensions of the device so it isn't so fat.

Attachments

• iphone5.jpg
    iphone5.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009

Faded the gradient reflection, increased the space between the display and edge, fixed the position of the front camera/speaker, removed the protruding glass from the side view, fixed height and width dimensions of the device so it isn't so fat.

Very nice. Now it just needs an LED notification on the front. :D

lunoire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Haha thanks. As for the LED notification, think Macbook Pro Sleep indicator, its there but not visible unless its actually indicating something :)

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj

Nice. But I would actually ADD just a bit of glass to front and back.

Kubus

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
Montreal, QC
Haha thanks. As for the LED notification, think Macbook Pro Sleep indicator, its there but not visible unless its actually indicating something :)

I dont understand why they don't just incorporate it into the square on the home button. Not illuminated all the time but when there is a notification have it do the "snore" thing like the MacBook sleep does. Even if you get a notification at night it won't blind you like the current camera flash does.

lunoire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Thank you, I appreciate it man. Also, for those complaining that the screen displays iOS 4, if you could post a 960x640 home screenshot of iOS 5 I could use that instead of the google image search result I've been using.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Same frame with clear non-conductive coating
3.8" screen
Hard as nails plastic back.

I'm sold.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
Here's one from GadgeMac that looks nice. Nice and thin...

I don't understand this obsession with thinness. You still need something to hold onto and that thing looks like it would snap in half if you bent over with it in your pants pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.