iPhone 5 Mockups here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kockgunner, Aug 30, 2011.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Since MRoogle is down, I couldn't really check if there was a large thread about iPhone 5 mockups. I know the iPhone 5 is coming very soon, but I still want to see the industrial design prowess of Macrumors :)

Here's mine. I just did it with the little illustrator knowledge I have. It's not really done, but I'll just put it out here to spark some discussion. Sorry the fonts are not the best. I just wiped my computer recently.

Basically for my design:
    1) I took design cues from the iPad. I like the metal texture and curvature of the iPad 2 as well as the way the back portion wraps around the front to form the thin bezel.

The speaker grill is also iPad 2-like

2) I also ran with the idea of the elongated home button. I think a elegant solution would be to make it longer and very slightly concave for tactility. A user would be able swipe left or right to switch apps just like how you switch spaces with the trackpad in Lion. The ratio of the swipe would be proportional to what is on screen (ie. a halfway swipe on the home button would move the app on screen halfway to the next app)

3) The very ugly volume switch button you see will swipe up and down. I think it feels easier this way than fiddling with a little sliver of button on the current iPhone 4. The switch may also be used for zoom in the Camera app.

Apple is always more about software so I wouldn't be surprised if Apple just refined their current design and cleaned it up (fixing the antenna too!)

BTW, the dot to the right of the earpiece is an LED notifier that glows through the material like on Macs.

Attached Files:

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Looks like a Galaxy S2. I like it, but the square home button and the volume rocker/vibrate switch are as you said: ugly :p but I do like the idea of sliding up and down rather than back and forth. My 3GS gives me a lot of ghost messages in my pocket because the vibrate switch is to easy to hit.

If you did a little more work on that it could end up being a very appealing mockup.

3. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Thanks! I realized it does look Samsung Galaxy S2-ish with the proportions. Oh well.

4. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

This looks good! I'd personally prefer a 3.7" or 4" display, but I'd probably still buy this. :p

I'm getting incredibly excited about the iPhone 5. I just really, really hope there's a new design and that all the leaked iPhone 4-like parts are indeed the '4S' or whatever.